Johnathan Thurston Academy
Taking employment back to basics. We simply introduce jobseeker to jobs! It's that simple.
The Johnathan Thurston Academy, with Lendlease as our major employment partner, has a unique collaborative employment zone. The goal and focus is to connect job seekers to all of our employment partners throughout the nation. We aim to ensure that all opportunities for potential connections are both exhausted and managed in the one zone. We have created a unique and sophisticated platform that streamlines all employment opportunities between job seekers and employers.
We represent employers across all industries, we encourage you to keep in touch by registering to our JTHotJobs https://jtachieve.com/3cF22iw
Our client: Palm Island Community Company
The Palm Island Community Company is currently seeking experienced Healing Program Facilitators to provide culturally appropriate trauma informed and healing focused service to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women incarcerated and exiting the Townsville Women’s Correctional Centre (TWCC).
- Provide after-care post-release, therapeutic program, counselling, educational group work and culturally appropriate services that improve connection to family and culture to reduce the risk of re-offending
- Provide psychosocial education and health information to service users
- Provide culturally appropriate, trauma informed counselling support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women incarcerated and exiting TWCC
- Refer service users to other services as necessary
- Support Women’s Healing Service staff as required in a team environment
- Ability to develop rapport, be non-judgemental and provide high level of risk assessment, safety planning, individual and group work and case management to clients
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Criminology and/or Behavioural Science and experience within the relevant field
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the justice/criminal system
- Experience in providing trauma informed, culturally appropriate psychoeducation and support in a multidisciplinary and interagency environment
- Eligibility to hold a current Working with Children Check (Blue Card)
- Ability to use IT software and systems
- Meet necessary background and security checks
- A current "C" Class Driver’s License
- Highly organised with good project management skills including excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community based service.
- AHPRA registered
How to Apply:
Applications close COB 5 pm, Monday, 20 July 2020. To apply for this position, (or for a copy of the position description); please email your application (application letter responding to the Selection Criteria and resume) to email@example.com. For further information please contact HR on 4421 4300.