Johnathan Thurston Academy
Taking employment back to basics. We simply introduce jobseeker to jobs! It's that simple.
The Johnathan Thurston Academy, with Lendlease as our major employment partner, has a unique collaborative employment zone. The goal and focus is to connect job seekers to all of our employment partners throughout the nation. We aim to ensure that all opportunities for potential connections are both exhausted and managed in the one zone. We have created a unique and sophisticated platform that streamlines all employment opportunities between job seekers and employers.
We represent employers across all industries, we encourage you to keep in touch by registering to our JTHotJobs https://jtachieve.com/3cF22iw
Our client: Palm Island Community Company
Palm Island Community Company is currently seeking an experienced Coordinator, preferably with experience working in the criminal justice system, to oversee the provision of culturally- appropriate, trauma-informed healing services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women incarcerated in and exiting the Townsville Women’s Correctional Centre (TWCC). The Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women have access to culturally appropriate services that improve connection to family and culture to reduce the risk of re-offending. The Coordinator will:
- Supervise Program Facilitators and counselling staff, including professional and daily supervision;
- Manage a case load of clients to provide counselling and psychological services, both within TWCC and post-release;
- Liaise with stakeholders and promote awareness of the program and program-related activities;
- Support and coordinate key stakeholder and community awareness relating to reforms, programs, services, networks and development of community-driven responses, to address the many issues faced by women currently incarcerated within and exiting TWCC
- Coordinate a cross-agency integrated response that prioritises safety, healthy relationships and re-connection to family and community
- Demonstrate experience in developing, implementing and evaluating clinical interventions and community-based programs using an evidence-based framework
- Suitable advanced tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology or a related field or extensive experience in working within a culturally sensitive environment and mental health.
- Possess or eligible to hold a Working with Children (Blue) or AHPRA registration
- Membership or eligibility for membership of the Australian Psychological Society or the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW), or other relevant professional board or association.
- Meet the necessary background and security checks
- Experience in providing trauma informed interventions or an understanding of and experience in trans-generational trauma informed practice
- Experience in recording and reporting on service user data with various client management software programs
- Demonstrated high-level problem-solving and analytical skills
How to Apply:
Applications close COB 5 pm, Monday, 20 July 2020. To apply for this position, (or for a copy of the position description); please email your application (application letter responding to the Selection Criteria and resume) to email@example.com. For further information please contact HR on 4421 4300.