Johnathan Thurston Academy
Taking employment back to basics. We simply introduce jobseeker to jobs! It's that simple.
The Johnathan Thurston Academy, with Lendlease as our major employment partner, has a unique collaborative employment zone. The goal and focus is to connect job seekers to all of our employment partners throughout the nation. We aim to ensure that all opportunities for potential connections are both exhausted and managed in the one zone. We have created a unique and sophisticated platform that streamlines all employment opportunities between job seekers and employers.
We represent employers across all industries, we encourage you to keep in touch by registering to our JTHotJobs https://jtachieve.com/3cF22iw
Location: Sydney CBD
Position: Full time
Founded in Sydney in 1958 by Dutch immigrant and innovator Dick Dusseldorp, Lendlease was born out of a vision to create a company that could successfully combine the disciplines of financing, development and investment.
Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, Lendlease has approximately 12,000 employees internationally. Our regional head offices are located in New York, Singapore and London. Combining our core capabilities of development, construction and investment across the property and infrastructure value chain has allowed us to offer innovative integrated solutions for our clients.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant to join the PAR Property team on a 12-month fixed-term contract. The PAR Property team services Lendlease’s Development and Retirement Living business. The primary objective is to manage and ensure the data integrity of project ledger transactions and support delivery of project reporting including variance analysis.
The role will oversee the quality and timeliness of project accounting information, focused on the integrity of project transactional and reporting systems, execution of monthly deliverables and the evolution of our Project Accounting systems. You will be expected to exercise independent judgement within defined practices & procedures, and apply a level of subject matter knowledge to solve problems of high complexity.
Key duties include but are not limited to:
- Respond to any enquiries received from the business in relation to the project accounting activities.
- Provide training and support to business in the use of project reporting tools (e.g. TM1 CA).
- Identify and report continuous improvement initiatives in relation to the project accounting processes and systems
- Ensure applicable project accounting documentation and supporting procedures exist and are up to date
- Working with the Business Services Team (Wipro) to monitor compliance to Service Level Agreements within the Project Accounting area.
- Perform system reconciliations troubleshooting and resolution of discrepancies and exceptions (e.g. TM1 CA).
- Provide/review regular and/or ad hoc project analytic and reporting.
- Pro-actively support business in identification and resolution of outstanding transactions and/or system issues and drive alignment of project data to facilitate project closure.
- Ensure compliance with Project Accounting and Reporting policies and procedures and proactively identify and raise non-compliant issues with the Finance Manager.
- Manage the relationship with business partners through clear communication on key deliverables.
To be considered for this role, you will have a demonstrated background in finance and accounting complemented by relevant tertiary qualifications. A confident self-starter you possess the ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives. You have strong communication, stakeholder management and interpersonal skills with the ability to make the complex simple in pursuit of clear deliverables.
We embrace the value of a vibrant and diverse workforce and recognise that our people have different experiences and needs at different times. Lendlease is a diverse, flexible and inclusive employer of choice. We engage, enable and empower our people and support their individual needs. Inclusion sets us all up for success.
To apply for this job please visit the link below.