Johnathan Thurston Academy
Taking employment back to basics. We simply introduce jobseeker to jobs! It's that simple.
The Johnathan Thurston Academy, with Lendlease as our major employment partner, has a unique collaborative employment zone. The goal and focus is to connect job seekers to all of our employment partners throughout the nation. We aim to ensure that all opportunities for potential connections are both exhausted and managed in the one zone. We have created a unique and sophisticated platform that streamlines all employment opportunities between job seekers and employers.
We represent employers across all industries, we encourage you to keep in touch by registering to our JTHotJobs https://jtachieve.com/3cF22iw
Our client: Northern Pride RLFC
Founded in 2007, the Northern Pride is a Queensland Rugby League Club based in Cairns. The Northern Pride compete in the elite statewide competition known as the Intrust Super Cup. The Northern Pride represents not just Cairns, but the Far North Queensland Region. The club was introduced with the purpose to create a talent development pathway for regional players, coaches and administrators into the NRL.
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in an operations and/or senior administration role
- Experience in a rugby league club environment will be looked upon favourably
- Strong IT Skills including Microsoft Office
- Experience in counselling, mental health/wellness support services
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide accurate & efficient administration in Microsoft Office Suite
- Verbal & written communication skills that are confident, clear & articulate
- Support the CEO in all facets of the business
- Provide administrative support to the Football Department
- Perform other duties and/or special projects from time to time assigned by the CEO
- Ensure the club is compliant at all times with the minimum standards for every player as set out by NRL Wellbeing and Education
- Display a positive, helpful & professional manner when dealing with stakeholders
- Establish an effective relationship with other all stakeholders
- Sound understanding of budget control
- Collate all necessary documentation to compile and submit funding applications
SPECIFIC RUGBY LEAGUE RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
- Establish & maintain close relationship with neighbouring rugby league regions
- Ensure that Northern Pride and its affiliates adhere to the QRL’s requirements relating to accreditation and registration
- Ensure the Northern Pride and its affiliates comply with Government legislation and the rules and policies of the NRL, QRL & QRL Central Division
- Organise & coordinate rugby league events to be professionally & safely run
- Organise logistical requirements for travelling teams as required
- Coordinate local, interstate and/or international player transfers as required
- Co-ordinate game day activities
- Liaise with ground staff & volunteers regarding game day requirements.
Mandatory Qualifications, Conditions and Requirements
- Current Driver’s licence
- It is a policy of the QRL that all employees must be eligible to obtain a Blue Card
- Competent with all Microsoft Office applications
- Support & training provided on information systems used by Qld Rugby League
- The incumbent may be required to work hours outside the normal work hours including occasional travel to regional areas
- A minimum probation period of 3 months may apply.
- The terms of the contract will detail salary information, leave entitlements, working arrangements and performance information.
Applicants should submit a letter of application and accompanying Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 14 October, 2020.
The application form will include these questions:
- How many years' experience do you have as an operations manager?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Have you completed a qualification in fitness?