Johnathan Thurston Academy
Taking employment back to basics. We simply introduce jobseeker to jobs! It's that simple.
The Johnathan Thurston Academy, with Lendlease as our major employment partner, has a unique collaborative employment zone. The goal and focus is to connect job seekers to all of our employment partners throughout the nation. We aim to ensure that all opportunities for potential connections are both exhausted and managed in the one zone. We have created a unique and sophisticated platform that streamlines all employment opportunities between job seekers and employers.
We represent employers across all industries, we encourage you to keep in touch by registering to our JTHotJobs https://jtachieve.com/3cF22iw
Our client: Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology
Pathology Services Assistant (Cairns)
About the Organisation
- Are you seeking a varied and interesting entry level laboratory position? This is the opportunity for you!
- Experience in a healthcare/medical setting desirable, but not essential comprehensive training provided!
- Attractive hourly rate of $21.32 plus super and an outstanding range of benefits!
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is one of the largest pathology practices in Australia, providing comprehensive services to patients and doctors over a geographic area throughout Queensland, Northern Territory and New South Wales, employing more than 2000 people.
About the Opportunity
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is currently looking for a part-time Pathology Services Assistant to join the Preanalytical area of their Cairns Laboratory. Shifts will vary between are 07:30am – 7:30pm, Wednesday to Friday, plus participation in a rotating Saturday roster.
Duties will include:
- The processing and registration of human specimens for analysis;
- Data entry and scanning of request forms;
- Liaising with callers to the laboratory;
- Specimen aliquoting and centrifugation; and
- Preparation of specimens for transport.
The successful applicant will have excellent phone mannerisms, be able to multi-task, work autonomously or as part of a team and have excellent attention to detail. Previous experience working in a health care setting and an understanding of medical terminology is desirable but not essential. A current drivers licence is also required.
Please note this is not a courier position.
About the Benefits
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology offers staff members the opportunity to work in an organisation that places a high value on its people.
In addition to your attractive hourly rate of $21.32 plus super, employees enjoy the following benefits:
Full-time employees of Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology also enjoy the following benefits:
- Parental and Adoption Leave - SNP staff receive 6 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave as per CWA
- Staff Services Committee - provides functions and events for staff, fully funded by the Practice
- Employee Assistance Program - a free, confidential and voluntary counselling service provided as a resource to employees of Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology, as well as immediate family, with the aim of assisting with the resolution of personal and work related problems which may affect quality of life or work performance
- Private Health Insurance - staff have access to discounted private health insurance through MBF, HCF and Medibank Private
- Pathology Services - staff and their immediate family (their children, partners and their parents) have access to bulk billed Pathology Services
- XRay Services - staff and their immediate family (their children, partners and their parents) have access to bulk billed X-Ray and other diagnostic imaging through Queensland XRay
- Smoke Free Workplace - for those staff wanting to use nicotine replacement therapy in quitting, management provides a level of financial assistance towards the cost of nicotine replacement patches.
This is your chance to join a leading pathology practice and enjoy a range of outstanding benefits! Don't miss out APPLY NOW!