Johnathan Thurston Academy
Taking employment back to basics. We simply introduce jobseeker to jobs! It's that simple.
The Johnathan Thurston Academy, with Lendlease as our major employment partner, has a unique collaborative employment zone. The goal and focus is to connect job seekers to all of our employment partners throughout the nation. We aim to ensure that all opportunities for potential connections are both exhausted and managed in the one zone. We have created a unique and sophisticated platform that streamlines all employment opportunities between job seekers and employers.
We represent employers across all industries, we encourage you to keep in touch by registering to our JTHotJobs https://jtachieve.com/3cF22iw
Location: Sydney CBD
Position: Full time
Founded in Sydney in 1958 by Dutch immigrant and innovator Dick Dusseldorp, Lendlease was born out of a vision to create a company that could successfully combine the disciplines of financing, development and investment.
Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, Lendlease has approximately 12,000 employees internationally. Our regional head offices are located in New York, Singapore and London. Combining our core capabilities of development, construction and investment across the property and infrastructure value chain has allowed us to offer innovative integrated solutions for our clients.
Digital is not just about technology, people or process – it’s about all three. At Lendlease Digital, we’re changing the way we think, the way we work and how we deploy digital solutions to create the Lendlease Digital Way, our new customer focused mentality about how we deliver initiatives based on the agile approach.
Our team is building a technology platform that will transform and disrupt the property and construction industry. We develop products that solve real problems and deliver solutions that are feasible, viable and desirable to our customers. Our core philosophy is "digital before physical, share data not files, fully simulated and tested before manufacture and assembly (not construct)". As a team, we are innovative, brave and continually learning and trying new ways of doing things.
As our vision grows, so does our team, with an opportunity for a passionate and data focused individual to take the jump into a Lead Data Scientist position at Lendlease Digital, helping to utilise and shape data to enable decisioning around asset management, sustainability and the products we are developing to disrupt the property industry.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Working within our Data Science practice, you will investigate and experiment with data as we develop our suite of products within Lendlease Digital
- Join a newly formed team in a dynamic environment with a passion for innovation
- Lead the design, develop proof of concepts and establish scalable advanced analytical solutions and machine learning models
- Be the expert interface role with key stakeholders to ensure models put in production deliver actionable insights to the business.
- Research state-of-the-art approaches to influence the decision on the methodologies used and promote best-in-class algorithms and machine learning techniques
- Maintain appropriate level of documentation for new and existing initiatives
- Ensure quality of code and adherence to industry standards and best practice guidelines through code reviews and peer education.
- Assist in the analysis and interpretation of modelling results, including uncovering patterns and trends in model outcomes
- Monitor the performance of advanced analytical solutions and escalate model performance and data drift
- Present model outcomes in a widely accessible and engaging way that leverage data storytelling practices
- Foster collaboration with Data Analysts and Engineers to design, develop and maintain frameworks to identify, analyse and escalate enterprise data quality issues.
- Assist Junior and more experienced Data Scientists, providing technical advice and domain expertise to help build a capable and high-performing team
- Five+ years of commercial experience as a data scientist, developing advanced analytics applications.
- Solid background, knowledge and capabilities in statistics, mathematics, computer science, informatics, computing, or closely relevant scientific field
- Experienced in data-driven analytics with hands-on experience of predictive modelling, machine learning and data mining, and relevant modelling approaches and algorithms
- Demonstrated capabilities to develop and evaluate statistical analysis and modelling algorithms and apply these algorithms for data-driven solutions to problems in new domains
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL (data extraction and manipulation) and extensive expertise in Python, Spark, Scala etc.
- Previous exposure to data science and machine learning platforms such as Kubeflow are an advantage
- Hands on experience setting up, working with and managing cloud computing technologies/platforms for the development of machine learning applications e.g. GCP, AWS
- Demonstrated capabilities to communicate and engage with a range of stakeholder groups and technical project teams
- Demonstrated experience for independent problem-solving and self-motivated innovation, education and services
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end project delivery, agile delivery and CI/CD methodologies
- Strong initiative and drive with an inquisitive mindset
- Ability to communicate complex, quantitative analysis in a clear, concise and actionable manner.
- Exposure to spatial analysis and/or Geo-spatial solutions
Applications close: Tuesday 28th October
We embrace the value of a vibrant and diverse workforce and recognise that our people have different experiences and needs at different times. Lendlease is a diverse, flexible and inclusive employer of choice. We engage, enable and empower our people and support their individual needs. Inclusion sets us all up for success.
To apply for this job please visit the link below.