Johnathan Thurston Academy
Taking employment back to basics. We simply introduce jobseeker to jobs! It's that simple.
The Johnathan Thurston Academy, with Lendlease as our major employment partner, has a unique collaborative employment zone. The goal and focus is to connect job seekers to all of our employment partners throughout the nation. We aim to ensure that all opportunities for potential connections are both exhausted and managed in the one zone. We have created a unique and sophisticated platform that streamlines all employment opportunities between job seekers and employers.
We represent employers across all industries, we encourage you to keep in touch by registering to our JTHotJobs https://jtachieve.com/3cF22iw
Our client: Bear Claw Concreting
Bear Claw Concreting was established in 2014 as a concrete services and related labour and equipment hire business in Darwin, Northern Territory.
While our traditional market is based around residential and commercial building construction, in recent times our expertise has expanded to include road, bridge and commercial swimming pool construction, Defence Force works, and specialised labour and equipment hire.
Why join us
- Above market salary on offer
- Interesting jobs, including Defence projects
- Possibility of accommodation or rent subsidy for the right candidate
- Work vehicle provided
About the role
We are an expanding company specialising in concrete, formwork, civil and related services. We complete major infrastructure projects for defence and government. Based in Darwin, but servicing Northern Australia, you will be required to work the majority of the time in our Katherine office for the upcoming projects.
- This is a full-time role,12-month contract minimum, with the possibility of extension.
Duties & responsibilities
- Manage multiple projects consecutively
- Manage onsite foreman/ subcontractors and labour.
- Understand construction programs and action
- Manage office support staff
- Client and onsite Management
- Liaise with Builders, Architects, Engineers, Designers, and other Stakeholders
- Assist with onboarding procedures for defence
- Ensure materials are available and deliverable in a timely manner. Both to the client and to Bear Claw's advantage.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time
- Strong project management skills and organisational skills
- Ensure issues are closed out and documented fully
- Liaise with directors and accounts staff on any payment or financial issue
- Ensure materials delivered are correctly invoiced, this included site and invoice verification.
- Ensure head progress claims are submitted on time and correctly.
- Limit company risk through site consultation
- Ensure materials onsite are fit for purpose and cover all project and statutory requirements
- Handle any cost or quality constraints/issues
- Review and keep up to date with project program dates
- Assist our lead estimator with the below:
- Provide input to the estimating team on upcoming tenders and projects
- Provide advice on the build-a-bility of projects in tender
- Mark up plans for tendering purpose
- Build up costing of materials
- Skill, knowledge and involvement in civil and concrete construction
- 3 years experience in a similar position
- Be able to work autonomously and be self-motivated
- Good knowledge of Contract Administration, Estimating, Programming, Sub-Contractor Management and Client Liaison
- Have the ability to problem solve and think outside the box
- Must be able to pass random drug testing onsite and daily alcohol testing
How to apply
To apply for this role, please submit your resume and covering letter.