Johnathan Thurston Academy
Taking employment back to basics. We simply introduce jobseeker to jobs! It's that simple.
The Johnathan Thurston Academy, with Lendlease as our major employment partner, has a unique collaborative employment zone. The goal and focus is to connect job seekers to all of our employment partners throughout the nation. We aim to ensure that all opportunities for potential connections are both exhausted and managed in the one zone. We have created a unique and sophisticated platform that streamlines all employment opportunities between job seekers and employers.
We represent employers across all industries, we encourage you to keep in touch by registering to our JTHotJobs https://jtachieve.com/3cF22iw
Our client: Bank of Queensland
- Tracking Code8676-496
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- Suits an experienced risk professional with a background in Insurance Risk
About the Role
As our Senior Partner for Insurance and Risk Frameworks, you will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of BoQs Corporate Insurance Program, and supporting the delivery of Frameworks that underpin how we manage Non-Financial risk across the Group.
Reporting to our Head of Non-Financial Risk Frameworks, you will have a strong focus on developing a strategic end-to-end approach for Corporate Insurance, maturing processes and capabilities across insurance and frameworks, and delivering our Non-Financial risk strategy.
As a Senior leader you will be responsible for building strategic partnerships both internally and externally, working closely with our insurance broker and external insurers. You will be ready to hit the ground running to autonomously shape and deliver plans that support our strategy, coach and lead by example, and drive accountability through effective governance and reporting.
Non-Financial Risk Frameworks:
- Support the Head of Non-Financial Risk (NFR) Frameworks in developing the strategy and direction for NFR Frameworks
- Review, uplift and ensure the Group’s policy framework is fit for purpose. Ensuring all staff within Group Risk (2nd line) have a sound understanding of the policy framework and how it applies
- Maintain, enhance and engage the business in the principles that underpin our three lines of defence model
- Oversight and reporting on NFR frameworks to divisional risk committees
- Design and execute training for NFR frameworks across 3LOD
- strengthen the existing 2nd line staff capabilities in terms of knowledge of the risk function through the risk frameworks, systems and reporting
- Provide leadership and training support to the Frameworks team and role model clear and effective communication within team and with stakeholders
Corporate Insurance Program:
- Act as BOQs representative for all Insurance Broker engagement/s
- Reporting on all significant updates, renewals, and changes to Executive Committee and Board
- Review and enhance processes that support data collection and data maintenance for all corporate insurance renewals
- Develop key messaging and content for insurer presentations as part of BOQs renewal process
- Support continuous improvements and changes to the corporate insurance program
- Planning, executing and reporting on all corporate insurance renewals
- Processing and advising the business where required on insurance claims; including tracking, maintenance, and periodic updates to the Deputy Chief Risk Officer
- Reviewing monthly reports and reconciliation accounts
- Provide advisory support for all corporate insurance matters from the business
With a background in Insurance and/or Risk Management, you are an impactful leader who has the ability to drive and influence business outcomes through your strong stakeholder engagement where you have the ability to communicate effectively to all levels.
You bring energy to your leadership style and are always looking to find solutions for the future. You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to work with your team to make sure that your objectives are delivered effectively.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community where we support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
For your application to be accepted please APPLY HERE!
Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.