Johnathan Thurston Academy
Taking employment back to basics. We simply introduce jobseeker to jobs! It's that simple.
The Johnathan Thurston Academy, with Lendlease as our major employment partner, has a unique collaborative employment zone. The goal and focus is to connect job seekers to all of our employment partners throughout the nation. We aim to ensure that all opportunities for potential connections are both exhausted and managed in the one zone. We have created a unique and sophisticated platform that streamlines all employment opportunities between job seekers and employers.
We represent employers across all industries, we encourage you to keep in touch by registering to our JTHotJobs https://jtachieve.com/3cF22iw
Our client: Golden West Apprenticeships
Position Title: Conservation and Land Management Traineeship
Qualification Type: Apprenticeship
Expected Duration: 6 months
The purpose of this Conservation and Land Management (Work Skills) Traineeship in Toowoomba is to provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completing a nationally recognised course of training through a registered training organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Conservation and Land Management (Work Skills) Trainee you will complete a Certificate I level qualification in conservation and land management, gain practical experience in real work situations that aligns with your training, complete paid work and receive a mix of career advice, job preparation skills and foundation skills.
Along with completing a Certificate I in Conservation and Land Management the successful applicants will also receive training in Chainsaw Operations and Chemcert (ACDC).
This is a great opportunity to develop skills and knowledge through completing on the job working experience and training with an employer whilst completing a nationally recognised course of training through a registered training organisation.
- A willingness to develop skills and knowledge.
- The ability to listen, follow instructions and ask for assistance when required.
- The desire to make a positive contribution to the workplace by being punctual, showing interest and adhering to the relevant workplace policies and procedures.
- The ability to act responsibly and safely in the workplace.
- The ability to develop effective working relationships both in the workplace as well as with Golden West Apprenticeships team members.
- The ability to complete timesheets correctly and on-time.
- Work experience in your chosen industry
To fulfil the requirements of a Conservation and Land Management (Work Skills) Traineeship with Golden West Apprenticeships you will:
- Abide by the terms and conditions of the Training Contract.
- Complete Golden West Apprenticeships inductions.
- Perform work in a satisfactory manner.
- Commit to and complete the Training Plan in the timeframe allocated by completing theory based assessments and demonstrating skills through competency based assessments to the best of your ability.
- Comply with registration relevant to your field of work, in particular the Further Education and Training Act and the Work Health and Safety Act.
Who is Golden West Apprenticeships?
Golden West Apprenticeships is a community based, non-profit organisation that specialises in the ‘group employment’ of apprentices and trainees in a wide range of industries and currently employs 180+ apprentices and trainees across a broad range of qualifications.
Golden West has offices in Toowoomba, Dalby and Roma and currently operates across an area covering Southern Inland, Western, Central Western and Central Queensland. The area is generally bounded by Laidley in the East, Longreach in the North West extending through to the borders of Northern Territory and New South Wales.
Golden West Apprenticeships has extensive experience in assisting jobseekers find and sustain quality and meaningful employment. We are committed to assisting Queenslanders in gaining a nationally recognised qualification whilst at the same time providing business and industry with a hassle free way of employing apprentices and trainees.
What you need to do now!
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this Conservation and Land Management Traineeship in Toowoomba is for you.
Apply today at the Golden West Apprenticeships website - www.goldenwest.org.au - or phone 1300 650 775 to find out more!
To apply for this position please visit the link below: