Johnathan Thurston Academy
Taking employment back to basics. We simply introduce jobseeker to jobs! It's that simple.
The Johnathan Thurston Academy, with Lendlease as our major employment partner, has a unique collaborative employment zone. The goal and focus is to connect job seekers to all of our employment partners throughout the nation. We aim to ensure that all opportunities for potential connections are both exhausted and managed in the one zone. We have created a unique and sophisticated platform that streamlines all employment opportunities between job seekers and employers.
We represent employers across all industries, we encourage you to keep in touch by registering to our JTHotJobs https://jtachieve.com/3cF22iw
Client: Bank of Queensland
- Tracking Code9164-496
- 12 month maximum term contract with BOQ
- Sydney or Brisbane based role with flexible work arrangements
- Suits an experienced finance professional with previous banking experience
About the Role
An opportunity has arisen for a Finance Transformation Lead to join the Financial Reporting and Control team, based in either our Brisbane or Sydney office.
Following BOQ's announced acquisition of M.E Bank, this is an exciting opportunity to create value by analysing finance processes across the organisation and executing on improvements. This knowledge will also be integral to building requirements for a future ERP system to deliver on BOQ’s transformation strategy.
This is an exciting time to join BOQ Group Finance as we continue to embed a new Target Operating Model with the aim to become the best Finance Team in the Australian Banking industry, through digitised service models and transactional task automation.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Analyse and document, where required, existing Financial Accounting processes across 2 finance teams (BOQ and ME);
- Assess fitness for purpose of existing processes and recommend an approach for integration – leverage best existing process and/or plan for best practice process as a strategic solution;
- Make recommendations for synergies and efficiencies of processes across the teams and assist in their implementation
- Participate in research and interviews and business workshops to develop future business requirements
- Partner with Business Analyst with analysis of requirements against suitable ERP systems;
- Identify and manage change impacts for stakeholder groups as a result of the ERP transition/implementation;
- Identify, investigate, problem solve and deliver on continuous improvement opportunities
This position is suited to a highly experienced finance professional with an extensive track record working within a financial control function.
Suitable candidates will display:
- Knowledge of end to end finance processes within a banking environment
- Proven experience in using and updating/implementing ERP systems
- Understanding of control frameworks
- Previous experience working in a transition environment- system implementation or entity integration
- Stakeholder management and ability to build effective relationships
- Continuous improvement mindset and the drive to enhance the end to end process.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
For your application to be accepted please APPLY HERE!
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.