Taking employment back to basics. We simply introduce jobseeker to jobs! It's that simple.
The Johnathan Thurston Academy, with Lendlease as our major employment partner, has a unique collaborative employment zone. The goal and focus is to connect job seekers to all of our employment partners throughout the nation. We aim to ensure that all opportunities for potential connections are both exhausted and managed in the one zone. We have created a unique and sophisticated platform that streamlines all employment opportunities between job seekers and employers.
We represent employers across all industries, we encourage you to keep in touch by registering to our JTHotJobs https://jtachieve.com/3cF22iw
Client: Evolution Mining
- 8/6 Roster
- Project development exposure
- Open Pit and Underground Operation
- Full camp accommodation provided
- 150km from Townsville
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. In addition, we hold an economic interest in the Ernest Henry copper-gold mine in Queensland.
Our Mt Carlton gold operation located 150km south of Townsville in Queensland, was developed by Evolution and commissioned in 2013. Our family friendly rosters offer a genuine work life balance and we offer a bus in/bus out experience for our employees, with buses several days a week from Townsville, Home Hill, Charters Towers.
About the role
Reporting to the Mine Planning Superintendent as a key member of the Integrated Planning team, you will provide technical expertise with surface, and some underground, planning, mine design activities including drill and blast and development. Key result areas in this role include:
- Developing and maintain mine design and production schedules
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on short term planning and operational issues
- Continue to develop strong working relationships with our operations team
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of drill and blast plans (including tie ins)
- Provide engineering and technical support
- Partner with the Geology department to ensure all scheduled grade control drilling is prioritised in weekly plans.
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering
- Previous experience in both Open Pit & Underground production mining methods
- Strong working understanding of safety systems, strategic planning, budgeting and cost control
- A high degree of safety awareness with proven hazard identification and risk assessment skills
- Competent user of Surpac and Deswik
- Exposure to Shot Plus software would be desirable
- Excellent planning, time management and influencing skills
Applications close: 22nd June 2021
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex, race or cultural background. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.
To apply for this job please visit the link below.