Johnathan Thurston Academy
Taking employment back to basics. We simply introduce jobseeker to jobs! It's that simple.
The Johnathan Thurston Academy, with Lendlease as our major employment partner, has a unique collaborative employment zone. The goal and focus is to connect job seekers to all of our employment partners throughout the nation. We aim to ensure that all opportunities for potential connections are both exhausted and managed in the one zone. We have created a unique and sophisticated platform that streamlines all employment opportunities between job seekers and employers.
We represent employers across all industries, we encourage you to keep in touch by registering to our JTHotJobs https://jtachieve.com/3cF22iw
Our client: VAE Group
Closing Date: 30/08/2021
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Job Category: Construction, Architecture & Interior Design
VAE Group is a HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) solutions company that started in 1997. Today, we have grown to over 300 employees and have nine office locations in Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea. As a Tier 1 building solutions company and one of Australia’s largest commercial HVAC companies, we pride ourselves on trust and integrity. We work and engage with our clients so that together we develop solutions that always work and are delivered on time and on budget. At VAE, our expert staff have an authentic passion for delivering outstanding results. This energy drives innovative thinking, promotes efficient performance and results in positive relationships. Our growth and success is built on providing Smarter HVAC Solutions with a promise of ‘Built in Certainty’ every time.
Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager and based in Darra, the Senior Estimator will be working closely with the major projects, special projects, and branch teams in preparing and submitting competitive tenders throughout Queensland and The Northern Territory to support our branch operations.
The successful candidate will demonstrate their experience in mechanical services (HVAC) estimating, bid evaluation, and have exceptional interpersonal skills as well as customer services.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Prepare costings for tender submissions in consultation with VAE in-house design Managers & other key stakeholders as required
- Assist in the creation of system solutions to satisfy the customer requirements/scope of works
- Perform risk assessment, value management and cost control exercises as required
- Prepare costings and life cycle models based on project deadlines, bill of quantities and actual condition findings
- Maintain the quote register with all information kept up to date
- Ensure risks/issues/opportunities are shared with all stakeholders and at sales meetings.
- Be involved in all project reviews to assist in successfully navigating bids
- Proactively follow up Customers, subcontractors, and suppliers to ensure tenders are received
- Proactively follow up tenders for pricing and positioning feedback on submitted tenders
- Prepare sales handover documentation for handover to operations
- Work closely with other sales team members to provide timely response to market enquiries
- Develop strong relationships with customers to ensure repeat business
- Liaison with key stakeholders including builders, subcontractors & other trades
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous mechanical services HVAC estimating experience
- Relevant Engineering or trade-based qualification
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Collaborative approach
- Innovative and open thinking approach
- Exceptional time management
- Financial and sales & marketing competency
- Ability to work under pressure
Most importantly the candidate will be able to demonstrate how they work within the VAE company values of Energy, Synergy and Success. We are proud of the VAE Group culture and it is key to the company's significant growth & low employee turnover.
What we Offer
- Competitive Remuneration
- Flexible Working Environment
- Great team culture – team sports, regular social activities, family friendly
- Strong Safety Focus
- Suburban location with a new office fit-out
- Free onsite parking
- Financial Wellness Program
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Personal and Professional Development
If you are interested in this position, please click the 'APPLY' button below and send us a copy of your Cover Letter and CV. Only successful applicants will be contacted.