Johnathan Thurston Academy
Taking employment back to basics. We simply introduce jobseeker to jobs! It's that simple.
The Johnathan Thurston Academy, with Lendlease as our major employment partner, has a unique collaborative employment zone. The goal and focus is to connect job seekers to all of our employment partners throughout the nation. We aim to ensure that all opportunities for potential connections are both exhausted and managed in the one zone. We have created a unique and sophisticated platform that streamlines all employment opportunities between job seekers and employers.
We represent employers across all industries, we encourage you to keep in touch by registering to our JTHotJobs https://jtachieve.com/3cF22iw
Our client: Coral Expeditions
Coral Expeditions is Australia's pioneering cruise line with a 34-year history of innovation and high quality marine operations. We operate a fleet of Australian flagged small ships. The Ships operating to the highest standards of safety and hospitality.
Our guests come largely from Australia with a growing clientele from key western global markets including North America, UK, Europe and NZ. Our renowned itineraries include The Kimberley, the Great Barrier Reef, Cape York and Arnhem Land, Tasmania, Papua New Guinea, South Pacific and The Indonesian Islands.
To support the expansion of Coral Expeditions we are engaging in Second Engineer who is well presented, team orientated individual with a bright attitude to join our on board deck team!
Responsibilities include -
- Planned maintenance and services to manufacturers recommendations and survey requirements.
- Upkeep of workbooks/records.
- review the maintenance work list in the scheduled and unscheduled work requirements and identify hazards.
- Main and auxiliary engine lube oil consumption and main engine running hours for planned maintenance.
- The testing of all mechanical safety devices as fitted.
- Condition monitoring of propulsion plant.
- Maintenance of firefighting equipment and safety gear.
- Bunkering of fuel and oil as required.
- Comply with oil pollution regulations and maintain the oil record book.
- Comply with all regulations lSM codes of conduct and standard.
- Hotel defects attended to in a timely manner.
The minimum requirements are:
- AMSA Medical
- MSIC Card
- First Aid or Medical Care on Ships & CPR
- Passenger Ship training
- Minimum AMSA Marine Engineer Watchkeeper.
Rosters will require a commitment of 6 weeks on 6 weeks off duration whilst operating on extended coastal and overseas voyages.
If this is the exciting career opportunity you are seeking, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
As we screen all applicants and select candidates whose qualifications and experience meet our needs, we will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process. We wish you every success!