Johnathan Thurston Academy
Taking employment back to basics. We simply introduce jobseeker to jobs! It's that simple.
The Johnathan Thurston Academy, with Lendlease as our major employment partner, has a unique collaborative employment zone. The goal and focus is to connect job seekers to all of our employment partners throughout the nation. We aim to ensure that all opportunities for potential connections are both exhausted and managed in the one zone. We have created a unique and sophisticated platform that streamlines all employment opportunities between job seekers and employers.
We represent employers across all industries, we encourage you to keep in touch by registering to our JTHotJobs https://jtachieve.com/3cF22iw
Client: Evolution Mining
Underground Project Engineer
This is an exciting and rare career opportunity for two experienced Underground Mine Project Engineers to join a high-performance team and drive the construction of Cowal Gold Operation’s new underground mine. This is a position best suited to a motivated engineering professional looking for a dynamic and satisfying opportunity.
- 8/6 Roster
- Brand new roles – join an expanding team
- Rare opportunity to be intimately involved in the construction phase of a large modern underground mine from its beginning
- Manage the construction of the UG infrastructure
- Cowal Gold Operation, NSW
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth-focused globally relevant gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada. In addition, we hold an economic interest in the Ernest Henry copper-gold mine in Queensland.
Our Cowal Gold Operation is an open-cut, underground and ore processing operation, located 40km North East of West Wyalong in NSW.
About the role
The Underground Project Engineer role is a rare opportunity to drive and manage the commencement and implementation of all underground mine infrastructure construction projects for the Lake Cowal underground mine build. Key result areas in this role include:
- Plan, resource and project manage all facets of the various underground mine infrastructure projects, eg primary ventilation fans and bulkheads, primary and temporary pump stations, emergency escape ladderways, mine data and voice communications systems etc.
- Ensure projects are accurately scoped, budgeted, planned and progress efficiently.
- Collaborate with mine operational and engineering teams to ensure alignment with the mine schedule and plan.
- Monitor, manage and control costs, and ensure that all financial obligations such as Contractors Invoices are reconciled and approved in a timely manner
- Report on project progress and provide understanding of any variations.
- Engage and manage suppliers and contractors to ensure safe and timely delivery of project plans.
As an Underground Mine Project Engineer you will demonstrate the ability to plan, coordinate, review and manage the capital infrastructure projects within an operational underground mining environment. It is important that you have/ can demonstrate:
- Recognised tertiary qualification in Engineering (eg Mining or Mechanical)
- 5+ years relevant Underground mining experience
- Demonstrated experience managing capital works projects in an underground mining environment
- Experienced user of mining CAD and project management software
- High level Microsoft suite skills
- Previous contractor management experience
- High level interpersonal skills and ability to engage broad range of stakeholders
- Attention to detail, accuracy and ability to follow processes closely
Why Join Us?
- We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex, race or cultural background.
- We are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace and empowering our people to stop any unsafe behaviour.
- You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table.
- Attractive remuneration + bonus scheme.
- Exceptional benefits and salary packaging options.
- Ongoing development and growth opportunities.
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.
To apply for this job please visit the link below.