Johnathan Thurston Academy
Taking employment back to basics. We simply introduce jobseeker to jobs! It's that simple.
The Johnathan Thurston Academy, with Lendlease as our major employment partner, has a unique collaborative employment zone. The goal and focus is to connect job seekers to all of our employment partners throughout the nation. We aim to ensure that all opportunities for potential connections are both exhausted and managed in the one zone. We have created a unique and sophisticated platform that streamlines all employment opportunities between job seekers and employers.
We represent employers across all industries, we encourage you to keep in touch by registering to our JTHotJobs https://jtachieve.com/3cF22iw
Our client: Autism Queensland
About Autism Queensland
Autism Queensland is one of Australia's most experienced providers of specialised education, therapy and support services for people on the autism spectrum and their families. For further information please visit www.autismqld.com.au.
About the Role
Are you an experienced and degree-qualified Early Years Professional looking for an opportunity to coordinate a highly talented multi-disciplinary team? In which case this may be the opportunity for you!
We have two newly-created roles based in Sunnybank Hills and Brighton respectively. Based in our Education Support and Therapy Services (ESTS) team, these roles will coordinate the existing early childhood intervention services at each site and provide Early Years Educator or Therapy support to group programs, individual therapy, education support and other early years-related services. You will coordinate daily operations in consultation with the Manager Early Years to deliver high quality early childhood services in line with AQ’s vision, mission and values.
Both site teams comprise of allied health professionals and registered teachers, assisted by program assistants, primarily providing quality early intervention group programs, to address the needs of children on the spectrum and their families and caregivers.
These opportunities are offered on a full -time, permanent basis.
To access the position description, please visit the Work With Us page on our website - https://autismqld.com.au/page/positions-work-with-us/.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaise and collaborate with the ESTS Manager ECI Groups, other ESTS Coordinators and Senior Therapists to
coordinate and oversee delivery of ESTS Early Years services (e.g. ECI Groups, individual therapy, education
support, other small group programs and consultative services) delivered from the Sunnybank site
- Develop and implement consistent and continuously improving operational procedures at the Sunnybank
site, in consultation with ESTS Managers and the Brighton team
- Establish and maintain effective communication and networking with key contacts and stakeholders
including schools and agencies relevant to the delivery of ESTS services
- In consultation with Human Resources and the Manager ECI Groups, recruit, deploy, develop, and provide
direct management of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals and support staff
- Maintain accurate data and records and provide timely and informative reports as required by the ESTS
Managers, relevant funding bodies and government departments
- In consultation with the Manager ECI Groups, investigate and actively pursue service development
opportunities, alternative funding, sponsorship and fee-for-service options to enhance Autism Queensland’s
- In consultation with the Manager ECI Groups, manage all stages of the ECI enrolment process at the
- Practice as a Senior Professional in relevant discipline, providing high quality evidence-based assessment
and intervention and on-the-job leadership and mentoring as relevant
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Education, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy or Psychology
- Minimum eight years’ postgraduate teaching (preferably Special Education) or clinical experience
- Demonstrated high level understanding of autism, child and adolescent development, behaviours and
- Proven expertise in the delivery of evidence-based services in the field of ASD
- High level interpersonal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work autonomously under direction and collaboratively as a member of a team
- Highly effective time management and organisation skills with intermediate computer skills
- Experience leading a multidisciplinary or trans-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated experienced in provision of services to schools
- Current registration or eligibility for registration with the relevant Professional Board or Association in
- Current open driver’s license
- May be required to cover Early Childhood Intervention groups on a relief basis on scheduled work days
- Regular and frequent intrastate travel and some out of normal hours work
- May be required to use own vehicle for work purposes when an AQ pool vehicle is not available
- It is the responsibility of the employee to hold a current, recognized Provide First Aid qualification
- It is the responsibility of the employee to hold and maintain at their own expense, a current Criminal History
Screening Card/s or relevant Exemption Card if/as required by current legislation
- Certificate of Completion in NDIS Worker Orientation Module "Quality Safety and You"
Culture & Benefits
Autism Queensland is an inspiring, caring and fun place to work with supportive, passionate and friendly colleagues and leaders who value your contribution and share your commitment to achieving work-life balance. Your work will be both challenging and rewarding and you will find scope and support for personal as well as professional development. You'll also enjoy the financial benefits of our generous salary sacrificing program!
How To Apply
If this opportunity is of interest please apply asap!
Your application should include:
1. A cover letter identifying the reasons for your application;
2. A current CV / resume with contact details of at least two referees (who will only be contacted with your explicit consent following interview);
3. Details of current professional registration, Blue Card or Yellow Card if/as relevant.