Johnathan Thurston Academy
Taking employment back to basics. We simply introduce jobseeker to jobs! It's that simple.
The Johnathan Thurston Academy, with Lendlease as our major employment partner, has a unique collaborative employment zone. The goal and focus is to connect job seekers to all of our employment partners throughout the nation. We aim to ensure that all opportunities for potential connections are both exhausted and managed in the one zone. We have created a unique and sophisticated platform that streamlines all employment opportunities between job seekers and employers.
We represent employers across all industries, we encourage you to keep in touch by registering to our JTHotJobs https://jtachieve.com/3cF22iw
Client: Autism Queensland
Brisbane - CBD & Inner Suburbs
Education & Training - Other
About Autism Queensland
Autism Queensland is one of Australia's most experienced providers of specialised education, therapy and support services for people on the autism spectrum and their families. For further information please visit www.autismqld.com.au.
About the Role
Are you an experienced Early Years Educator or Allied Health Professional with a keen interest in supporting children with special needs? If so, this could be the role for you!
Our Early AQtion Kindi team based at Brighton have an opportunity for an experienced Teacher, Speech Pathologist or Occupational Therapist with an interest in autism, to join a team of allied health professionals and registered teachers primarily providing quality early intervention group programs to address the needs of children on the spectrum and their families and caregivers.
This position is being offered on a permanent part-time basis for 4 days per week - Monday to Thursday, commencing January 2022.
To access the position description, please visit the Work With Us page on our website - https://autismqld.com.au/page/work-with-us/.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Early
- Childhood Education, Primary Education or Special Education
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as an Occupational Therapist, Speech
- Pathologist, or Teacher (preferably in Early Years education)
- Demonstrated understanding of contemporary methodologies in the provision of early intervention for children on the autism spectrum or other developmental challenges, and their families
- Proven knowledge of child development, communication, social interaction, learning and understanding and managing behavior
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in the design and implementation of direct (individual and/or group) and consultation-based support and intervention which is responsive to the individual needs of children, their families, and other relevant stakeholders
Special Conditions & Requirements
Evidence of current COVID-19 Vaccination
NDIS Worker Screening Clearance & WWCC Blue Card**
**Jobseekers are unable to apply for a clearance prior to being engaged with an employer. Therefore, please advise your current clearance status and should your application progress to the next stage, the required employer information will be provided. For additional information, please visit https://workerscreening.dsdsatsip.qld.gov.au/resources/workerscreening/worker-combined-app.pdf
Culture & Benefits
Autism Queensland is an inspiring, caring and fun place to work with supportive, passionate and friendly colleagues and leaders who value your contribution and share your commitment to achieving work-life balance. Your work will be both challenging and rewarding and you will find scope and support for personal as well as professional development. You'll also enjoy the financial benefits of our generous salary sacrificing program!
How To Apply
If this opportunity is of interest please apply asap!
Your application should include:
1. A cover letter identifying the reasons for your application and resume
3. Details of current professional registration/membership, Blue Card or NDIS Worker Screening Clearance if/as relevant.