Johnathan Thurston Academy
Taking employment back to basics. We simply introduce jobseeker to jobs! It's that simple.
The Johnathan Thurston Academy, with Lendlease as our major employment partner, has a unique collaborative employment zone. The goal and focus is to connect job seekers to all of our employment partners throughout the nation. We aim to ensure that all opportunities for potential connections are both exhausted and managed in the one zone. We have created a unique and sophisticated platform that streamlines all employment opportunities between job seekers and employers.
We represent employers across all industries, we encourage you to keep in touch by registering to our JTHotJobs https://jtachieve.com/3cF22iw
Our client: VAE
Closing Date: 25/01/2022
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Job Category: Trades & Services
VAE Technology is fundamentally transforming how Building Technology is deployed within the Built environment by innovating with different software and hardware technologies that challenge the traditional building automation model. We use technology to solve some of our customers most complex problems whilst providing our clients with secure, fast and reliable access to their data rich ecosystems. Our technology team is considered as Australia’s leading Master Systems Integrator and Building Management system provider. Being Technology agnostic allows VAE Technology to lead with Open. Open Systems, open Solutions, open Technologies. This is a core principal of our model and something we’re extremely passionate about.
Our Technology Team has exceptional expertise in large scale systems integration and building automation projects and an authentic passion for delivering bespoke technical solutions that work and are delivered of high quality ensuring the performance of our clients assets is our pride in trust and integrity and our brand promise of "Built in Certainty". We’re continuously searching for likeminded people that compliment our core principals and company culture to join our ever growing technology team.
From system integration Engineers, service support and commissioning Engineers to technical Project Managers, if problem solving and innovating with technologies is a key driver of your desire to love what you do, then a career with VAE Technology will deliver that desire.
Reporting to the NSW Customer Account Manager and based in Sydney, the Technology Automation Service Technician will be responsible for performing BMS and IT service maintenance on multiple different platforms while utilising reports from the VAE Bureau to ensure the service maintenance delivers a targeted outcome for the customer.
The successful candidate will demonstrate their experience in automation service, and have exceptional interpersonal skills & customer services, as well as understanding of the challenges of working in a dynamic and fast-growing business.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Liaises with clients, FMs etc. to provide and obtain information relevant to the contract in a timely manner to ensure the service program is achieved.
- Develop strong relationships with customers to ensure repeat business and ensure they satisfied with the outcomes
- Relevant platform knowledge on Tridium Niagara and optionally, Distech
- Relevant IT knowledge on server grade equipment
- Ensure site records and data is always backed up and available for both BMS & IT equipment
- Understand and implement control sequence changes and updates as required
- Offer innovative, cost-effective solutions to our customers
- Provide technical support for maintenance contracts, warranties and small works contracts
- Ensures all activities conform to VAE Group guidelines
- Conducts detailed inspections of buildings/sites and establishes preventative maintenance and repair schedules
- Maintains a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency in all maintenance and repair projects
- Plans maintenance and repair work as required
- Provide quotations and deliver service jobs or installation works as required
- Identifies and manages risk within the organisation to minimize the financial impact upon the organisation
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proficient in Tridium Niagara. N4 certification preferred
- Proficient IT experience with Enterprise grade servers and software
- Preferably skilled using Distech BMS product
- Experienced in commissioning BMS systems preferred
- Strong desire to learn and master new systems and technologies
- The ability to collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional time management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Restricted electrical license preferred
Most importantly the candidate will be able to demonstrate how they work within the VAE company values of Energy, Synergy and Success. We are proud of the VAE Group culture and it is key to the company's significant growth & low employee turnover.
What we Offer
- Competitive Remuneration
- Flexible Working Environment
- Great team culture – team sports, regular social activities, family friendly
- Strong Safety Focus
- Suburban location with a new office fit-out
- Free onsite parking
- Financial Wellness Program
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
If you are interested in this position, please click the 'APPLY' button below and send us a copy of your Cover Letter and CV. Only successful applicants will be contacted.