At City Beach people are at the core of what we do, both our customers and our team. All are welcome under the City Beach roof where value is placed on individual style, teamwork, authenticity, adaptability, and a desire to exceed expectations.
We stock some of the world's biggest brands across surf, skate, streetwear, and fashion. Our stores are a hub that connect our customers to events, influencers, and trends, allowing them to live life on their terms.
We are currently looking for a School Based Trainee to complete a Nationally Recognised Qualification Certificate III in Business (QLD) or Certificate III in Retail (WA and NSW) at City Beach.
The City Beach School Based Traineeship Program provides students in year 10 and 11 with the opportunity to gain work experience and participate in formal training, while completing senior schooling.
A day in the life:
As a School Based Trainee at City Beach each day is different and exciting! You will play a big part in ensuring each customer has an outstanding experience, through providing exceptional customer service, assisting with stock management, and ensuring the store is clean and tidy. As a School Based Trainee, you will be required to attend a regular traineeship shift during your school week, which will continue through school holidays. During these shifts you will be given time to complete both practical and theoretical training that contributes to your certificate.
What we are looking for:
To be considered, you must:
- Be currently in year 10 or 11
- Be able to work one full school day each week for the duration of the traineeship, the hours will typically be 9am-6pm
- Have the confidence to provide outstanding customer service
- Have an energetic and outgoing personality
- Have the ability to work as part of team
- Be committed to completing the work/training requirements of this traineeship
- Have an interest in lifestyle related sports and/or a love for fashion, music or pop culture
- Gaining a fully funded nationally recognised qualification while you complete your high school studies
- Getting a head start in a career in Retail or entry in further academic study
- Having the opportunity to learn and earn while you’re still at school
- 25% team member discount
- Extensive career opportunities, everything from retail operations, on the road regional management, warehousing and distribution and buying/production just to name a few
- Dedicated team member support and development from your store leadership team and our external training provider
Are you a dedicated and motivated Year 10 or 11 student who has a high interest in a career in the retail industry? If so, this role may be for you! Apply now!
Please ensure you have spoken with your School's Careers Adviser about your interest in starting a School Based Traineeship.