Johnathan Thurston Academy
Taking employment back to basics. We simply introduce jobseeker to jobs! It's that simple.
The Johnathan Thurston Academy, with Lendlease as our major employment partner, has a unique collaborative employment zone. The goal and focus is to connect job seekers to all of our employment partners throughout the nation. We aim to ensure that all opportunities for potential connections are both exhausted and managed in the one zone. We have created a unique and sophisticated platform that streamlines all employment opportunities between job seekers and employers.
We represent employers across all industries, we encourage you to keep in touch by registering to our JTHotJobs https://jtachieve.com/3cF22iw
Client: Autism Queensland
About Autism Queensland
Autism Queensland is one of Australia's most experienced providers of specialised education, therapy and support services for people on the autism spectrum and their families. For further information please visit www.autismqld.com.au.
What we can offer YOU!
- 5 weeks' leave per year + generous salary sacrificing program $$
- Medibank Private Corporate Partnerships Program + internal ‘Refer a Friend' Program $$
- Work for an organisation whose vision is to create a life of participation, opportunity and choice for people on the autism spectrum
- Generous professional development & training opportunities (internal & external)
- Be part of our supportive multi-disciplinary team, contributing expertise and work collaboratively with Specialist Teachers, Speech Pathologists, Psychologists & Occupational Therapists to improve the lives of people on the autism spectrum.
About the Role
If you are seeking variety in your next role, working with clients across the lifespan and service delivery models then this is the role for you!
We currently have opportunities for Speech Pathologists to join and provide professional intervention services, contributing as a member of our leading trans-disciplinary team based in Gladstone to support individuals on the autism spectrum and their families.
In collaboration with all other relevant team members, the Speech Pathologist will be responsible for designing and implementing evidence-based programs and strategies to address the needs and inform problem solving for individuals on the autism spectrum. Additionally, facilitate the collaborative preparation, implementation, monitoring and review of trans-disciplinary Behavioural Support & Individual Support Plans in accordance with legislation.
To access the position description, please visit the Work With Us page on our website - https://autismqld.com.au/page/work-with-us/.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Speech Pathology
- Current professional Membership with Speech Pathology Australia (SPA)
- Ability to meet criteria to practice at a Core level against the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission Positive Behaviour Support Capability Framework
- Demonstrated understanding of contemporary methodologies in the provision of intervention services to children, and services for adults on the autism spectrum or with disabilities
- Proven ability to work effectively with families and collaboratively within a trans-disciplinary team and excellent verbal and written communication.
Special Conditions & Requirements
- Evidence of current COVID-19 Vaccination
- Blue Card & NDIS Worker Screening Clearance (paid workers)**
- Provide First Aid inc. Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate
**For additional information, please visit https://workerscreening.dsdsatsip.qld.gov.au/resources/workerscreening/worker-combined-app.pdf
How To Apply
If this opportunity is of interest please apply asap! Your application should include:
1. A cover letter and resume