Johnathan Thurston Academy
Taking employment back to basics. We simply introduce jobseeker to jobs! It's that simple.
The Johnathan Thurston Academy, with Lendlease as our major employment partner, has a unique collaborative employment zone. The goal and focus is to connect job seekers to all of our employment partners throughout the nation. We aim to ensure that all opportunities for potential connections are both exhausted and managed in the one zone. We have created a unique and sophisticated platform that streamlines all employment opportunities between job seekers and employers.
We represent employers across all industries, we encourage you to keep in touch by registering to our JTHotJobs https://jtachieve.com/3cF22iw
Client: Apprenticeships Queensland
Apprenticeships Queensland has a host in the Ipswich area who is looking for 2 Carpentry Apprentices.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A JUNIOR POSITION.
Carry out tasks related to the building, construction and joinery trades, under the supervision of a qualified tradesperson/instructor and consistent with apprenticeship year level. Attend off the job trade school to complete learning and assessment outcomes required for a carpentry apprenticeship.
- Carry out construction, assembly, alteration or renovation of buildings, structures, fittings, cabinets, cupboards and modular units, possibly for single and multi-storey domestic, commercial and industrial environments
- Carry out construction activity, e.g. digging footings, erecting sub-floor structures; wall and roof framing; internal and external cladding; fit-out and fixture of doors and all building hardware and fittings
- Read and working from, plans and specifications
- Use hand tools, e.g. hammers, chisels, hand saws, screwdrivers, measuring
- tapes and levelling devices etc.
Use power tools, e.g. electric/battery drills, power saws, routers, sanders, planners, laser levelling devices, pneumatic (air) tools, e.g. nail guns
- Operate workshop equipment, e.g. static machines, band saws, docking saws, thicknessers, routers, bench grinders, etc.
- Use safe and appropriate means to access (both internal and external) for building and construction sites and trade school environments
- Follow appropriate safety practices when using ladders, other access ways, handrails, barriers, scaffolding and mechanical lifts (trained/licensed users only)
- Follow established policies and procedures for Protective Personal Apparel (PPE) use and the use or non-use of devices such as mobile phone in workplace and training environments
- Follow appropriate manual handling techniques for manual tasks including lifting and moving items
- Follow safety and environmental practices for handling building products, fluids and waste products
- Complete appropriate documentation and recording information on computerised programs
- Carry out the theory and practical assessment tasks in a building site/training centre
Follow written and verbal instructions in workplace and trade school environments
- Communicate and interact with others in workplace and trade school environments, may include customer interaction
- Read and interpret various types of construction/architectural diagrams
- A willingness to develop skills and knowledge in this trade
- Physical fitness and the ability to undertake manual labour for extended periods
- Be a safe confident worker
- Willingness to travel
- White Card (or be willing to obtain prior to starting)
- Enjoy practical and manual work
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate effectively
- Minimum of year 10 schooling
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL IDEALLY:
- Certificate 1 or 2 in Building & Construction
- Domestic building experience / exposure to a jobsite
- Be reliable, enthusiastic and willing to work as part of a team.
- Have a car and licence is required
What's in it for you?
- Great career opportunities
- Pay rates in accordance with the modern awards
- Support in the form of a mentor
- Getting paid to learn
- Become trade qualified
- Only suitable applicants will be contacted
This position may qualify the successful candidate to receive up to $5,000 in Apprentice Support Payments over the first 2 years of the apprenticeship. *Conditions Apply
Applicants require their Own Car?
Applicants require their Driver Licence?
Applicants require Police Check?
Applicants require Working with Children Check?
To apply for this position please visit the link below: