Competition Terms and Conditions
Information on how to enter the Promotion forms part of these terms and conditions. Entries not made in accordance with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
1. Promotion:Win two standard tickets to ‘An Evening with Johnathan Thurston’ 2018 Tour
2. Promoter: The Johnathan Thurston Academy (ABN 24 618 611 475) PO Box 50, 559 Hamilton QLD 4007.
3. Promotion Period: The Promotion will commence at 12.01am Australian Eastern Standard Time (“AEST”) on 26th July 2018 and will close 11:59pm (AEST) on 31th August 2018. Entries must be received by the Promoter by the competition close date and time.
4. Eligibility: To be eligible to enter the Promotion, the entrant must be above 18 years of age
5. Non-Eligibility: Entrants are not eligible to enter the Promotion or win any Prize if they are a director or manager, an employee or immediate family member of an employee of the Promoter, or an employee of their agencies associated with the Promotion
6. Further any personal information or contact details entered incorrectly on an entry shall deem the entry as an invalid entry.
7. Entry to the Promotion: The competition will be promoted and hosted on Facebook and Instagram. To enter, eligible entrants must provide all requested mandatory details.
8. Number of Entries: One entry per person will be accepted during the promotional period, as long as they comply with the entry conditions.
9. Entry Validity: The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering or attempted tampering with the entry process, including but not limited to submitting an entry that is otherwise not in accordance with these terms and conditions. By providing your entry you consent to the Promoter using your personal information to determine whether any tampering or attempted tampering with the entry process has occurred.
10. Any entry that contains content that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to be offensive or inappropriate in any way or that the Promoter considers, in its sole discretion, to infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity, will be considered ineligible. The decision to accept or reject an entry is at the Promoter’s sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Prize Value: The total minimum Promotion prize pool value is $200 including GST. The details of the prizes are as follows: Each winner will receive two standard tickets to a single event at a location of the winners choice.
12. Prize Conditions: The Prize is subject to the following conditions:
- No exchange of Prize: All prizes are non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- Ancillary Costs: Any transport, accommodation, meals, beverages, spending money, insurances, service charges, taxes and ancillary costs, including cost of travel to and from the venue, are not included in the Prize and is the responsibility of the Prize Winner.
- Taxes: If a Prize or receipt of it incurs a tax liability, the Prize Winner is liable for payment of such tax.
- Prize Availability: All components of a Prize are subject to availability. In the event that any component of a Prize is unavailable for any reason, subject to State legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute that Prize component with another prize of equal value and the Prize Winner will be notified accordingly.
- Prize Winners: The draw will be held at 10:00am (AEST) on 1 September 2018, at 559 Hamilton QLD 4007. This is a game of chance. The judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Contact: Prize Winners will be notified in writing within 2 business days of the judging to confirm their eligibility under these terms and conditions and to confirm whether they wish to claim their Prize.
14. Claim of Prizes: If a Prize Winner wishes to claim the Prize, the Prize Winner must confirm this fact and his/her eligibility to win under these terms and conditions within 5 business days upon receipt of notice, by 5.00pm (AEST) 15 September 2018. If a Prize Winner fails to do this by the deadline, the Prize Winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize.
If a prize is unclaimed or forfeited by 5.00pm (AEST) on 15 September 2018, the prize/s will be drawn again, at 10:00am (AEST) on 16 September 2018 at the same location as the original draw. The winner/s, if any, will be notified in writing on the same day.
15. Winner Publicity: In accepting the Prize, the Prize Winner agrees to participate in any publicity arrangements made by or on the behalf of the Promoter. The Prize Winner further acknowledges that the Promoter reserves the right to publicise their name, address and photographs without any payment being made to them in respect of this Promotion.
16. Lost or Delayed Communication: The Promoter will not be responsible for any delayed, lost or misdirected mail or any other communication.
17. Release: To the fullest extent permissible by law, each entrant in the Promotion including without limitation the Prize Winner, releases the Promoter from any claim, loss, damage, expense (including any claim for legal expenses), cost or charge sustained or in any way incurred by such entrant in connection with the Prize or their participation in the Promotion. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate, their officers, employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect, consequential and economic loss) suffered or sustained in connection with this Promotion, the promotion of this Promotion, or the use of any Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Further, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes liability for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any unauthorised intervention, or any combination thereof, including any non-delivery or corruption of entries to the Promoter, injury or damage to participants’ or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this Promotion. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
18. Force Majeure: Subject to State legislation the Promoter will not be responsible for any act, omission, failure or delay by the Promoter that is due to an act of God, riots, acts of terrorism, storms, fire, any labour or industrial dispute, any strike, and other acts, which are not reasonably within the control of the Promoter.
19. Disputes: In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Privacy Notice: During the course of the Promotion, the Promoter may collect personal information in relation to entrants. This may include, but is not limited to, the names, email addresses, telephone numbers of the entrants, provided by the entrant on the online enquiry form, registration form. The entrant’s personal information is collected so the Promoter is able to conduct the Prize Draw and to contact and award the Prize to the Prize Winner, to publish the results of the Promotion and to publicise the Promotion.
22. The Promoter will communicate and advertise this competition using Facebook and Instagram. The competition however, is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. Each entrant completely releases Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability. Entrants acknowledge that all content posted on Facebook must be in accordance with Facebook terms (http://www.facebook.com/terms.php).
23. Entrants can only enter in their own name. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion and all entries of an Entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Entrant produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the Entrant’s identity, age, residential address, eligibility to enter and claim a Prize, and any information submitted by the Entrant in entering the promotion, before issuing a Prize. If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or an Entrant or entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction then all the entries of that Entrant will be ineligible and deemed invalid.
24. As a condition of entering this promotion, an Entrant consents to, in the event they are a winner, the Promoter using the Entrant’s image and caption, name, likeness, image, voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same), and/or entry in any media for an unlimited period of time and worldwide without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the promotion (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter and their associated or affiliated companies. The Entrant agrees that, in the event they are a winner, the Entrant will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the Promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
25. The Promoter may at their discretion choose to publish entries during and/or after the Promotion Period. This will not to be any reflection on the success of that published entry/entries in a Judging.